What is the worst song you’ve ever heard

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: What is the worst song you’ve ever heard

Post by maninblack »

Stinky McFister wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:14 pm that Peter Criss song on Psycho Circus
:lol:
AJL
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by AJL »

HueyRamone wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:17 pm
BernieTaupson wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:16 pm If it was actual bad songs (like the Peter Criss song I posted) not “brilliant and massively popular songs I’m just sick of because they’re overplayed, or I’m trying to be an edgelord by pretending I don’t like popular stuff” then this thread would be much funnier.
Incompetent music by amateurs is just nonsense to be ignored.

Crazy Crazy Nights is a cynical stab at popularity and money, just done to ape Bon Jovi, and a full repudiation of any edge, rock n roll, or commitment to artistry, by a band that had already created hundreds of songs and should have more integrity than that. A shameful embrace at mediocrity, inoffensive horseshit that is somehow far worse than the Robert Palmer ripoff "X in Sex" due to the fact that that one at least had some sex in it. Equally bad would be the Michael Bolton inspired and penned "Forever", but that one stung far less, as CCN had at least been a bridge too far for me, and caused me to give this band and my fandom to it the heave ho.

if you like either, I dont want to exaggerate or give in to any hyperbole, but you're a limp dick piece of shit who should be forced to wear a frilly pink pinafore. And worse than Hitler.

So yeah, that's a little bit worse than the latest incompetent Stonebreed song with 17 listens on Spotify.
Space Ace is lights years worse than Crazy Crazy Nights.
Just own up to it man, you had a bad take, it happens to the best of us. Lets put it this way: What would you rather listen to for 2 weeks straight, Crazy Crazy Nights, or Space Ace? Yeah, don't bother answer, we all now it. We're all human.
CrankerBait
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by CrankerBait »

"Brand New Key" by Melanie. Vomit inducing. Almost suicide inducing.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

AJL wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:23 pm
HueyRamone wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:17 pm
BernieTaupson wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:16 pm If it was actual bad songs (like the Peter Criss song I posted) not “brilliant and massively popular songs I’m just sick of because they’re overplayed, or I’m trying to be an edgelord by pretending I don’t like popular stuff” then this thread would be much funnier.
Incompetent music by amateurs is just nonsense to be ignored.

Crazy Crazy Nights is a cynical stab at popularity and money, just done to ape Bon Jovi, and a full repudiation of any edge, rock n roll, or commitment to artistry, by a band that had already created hundreds of songs and should have more integrity than that. A shameful embrace at mediocrity, inoffensive horseshit that is somehow far worse than the Robert Palmer ripoff "X in Sex" due to the fact that that one at least had some sex in it. Equally bad would be the Michael Bolton inspired and penned "Forever", but that one stung far less, as CCN had at least been a bridge too far for me, and caused me to give this band and my fandom to it the heave ho.

if you like either, I dont want to exaggerate or give in to any hyperbole, but you're a limp dick piece of shit who should be forced to wear a frilly pink pinafore. And worse than Hitler.

So yeah, that's a little bit worse than the latest incompetent Stonebreed song with 17 listens on Spotify.
Space Ace is lights years worse than Crazy Crazy Nights.
Just own up to it man, you had a bad take, it happens to the best of us. Lets put it this way: What would you rather listen to for 2 weeks straight, Crazy Crazy Nights, or Space Ace? Yeah, don't bother answer, we all now it. We're all human.
It's cool, you want to be paraded around in your frilly little dress. Paul likes that kind of shit. We'll just change your name to Emilio Estrogen!
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

“Hey There Delilah” by Plain White Tee’s

“Ragdoll” Aerosmith - always hated that stupid track
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
tooth

Post by tooth »

We're Not Gonna Take It & I Wanna Rock have always sucked & the videos suck, as well.
MattleyCrue
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by MattleyCrue »

Butterfly by crazy town that song fucking sucks
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
War_in_D
Taking Music Lessons

Post by War_in_D »

The one about words and something about more than them...
Velvis

Post by Velvis »

Brandon
First Band on The Moon
You Wanted The Best
Turn on The Night
My Way (Not Sinatra)
And I am a Motley and KISS fan.
Velvis

Post by Velvis »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:19 pm I remember hating You Light Up My Life when I was a lad.
I fucking hate songs like that. Pure 70s soft-rock love schlock garbage.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

Velvis wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:02 pm You Wanted The Best
Turn on The Night
My Way (Not Sinatra)
Horrible
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

Take your pick from just about any Ozzy song from Down To Earth, Black Rain or Scream.

Not Going Away springs to mind. Just horrible.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

All of you are stupid. "Crazy, Crazy Nights" is awesome.

As someone else mentioned, you're all sick of good songs that are/were overexposed.

Feast your ears on "Rock n' Roll McDonald's"...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwYGI8OjXvo
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:22 pm Feast your ears on "Rock n' Roll McDonald's"...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwYGI8OjXvo[/size]
This is actually what Kiss sounds like to sane people.
Mr.Happyface
Headlining Clubs

Post by Mr.Happyface »

tooth wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:54 pm We're Not Gonna Take It & I Wanna Rock have always sucked & the videos suck, as well.
:roll:
MurrayFiend wrote:DJ Ashba is the worst thing to happen to GN'R's live show since Axl's tiny shorts.
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

tooth wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:54 pm We're Not Gonna Take It & I Wanna Rock have always sucked & the videos suck, as well.
They do suck but there are worse songs by the same band.

The same goes for Peter Criss, Space Ace sucks but he has written and sung worse songs. The one on Psycho Circus to start with.
AJL
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by AJL »

Love_Industry wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:23 am
They do suck but there are worse songs by the same band.

The same goes for Peter Criss, Space Ace sucks but he has written and sung worse songs. The one on Psycho Circus to start with.
That one does suck also. But I think the worst ever is actually Send in the Clowns, but since that's a cover, maybe it doesn't count.
Like seriously, this is the worst, most pathetic thing ever recorded by an established rock artist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fYPAGeaNXs
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:22 pm All of you are stupid. "Crazy, Crazy Nights" is awesome.

As someone else mentioned, you're all sick of good songs that are/were overexposed.

Feast your ears on "Rock n' Roll McDonald's"...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwYGI8OjXvo
That's the other end of the spectrum... the people behind WW were exploiting a schizophrenic for profit.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
sirthx2
Blowing Advance from Record Label

Post by sirthx2 »

dmbrocker wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:34 pm
pieceofme wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:12 pm Surprisingly no mention of Starship We Built this City. You guys are slipping. Or maybe you finally realised it is nowhere near the worst song of all time.
Correct. People hate on "We Built This City" to sound trendy and hip, when in fact it's one of the 80's best.
I don't think that's it at all. It's not a bad pop song, the reason it's hated by music purists is because Grace Slick & co from the beginning were at the very head of the counter-culture movement and were against anything even resembling commercial music. This was the ultimate 180.
"Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read." - Frank Zappa

"If you don't like The Darkness, you suck at music listening." - Michelish circa 2021
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

sirthx2 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:03 am
dmbrocker wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:34 pm
pieceofme wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:12 pm Surprisingly no mention of Starship We Built this City. You guys are slipping. Or maybe you finally realised it is nowhere near the worst song of all time.
Correct. People hate on "We Built This City" to sound trendy and hip, when in fact it's one of the 80's best.
I don't think that's it at all. It's not a bad pop song, the reason it's hated by music purists is because Grace Slick & co from the beginning were at the very head of the counter-culture movement and were against anything even resembling commercial music. This was the ultimate 180.
That could also very well be the case. Going from the psychedelia of "White Rabbit" to the polished arena rock of "We Built This City" was definitely a 180. Then again, you might as well hate on the whole album of Knee Deep in the Hoopla, if that's the case. Or "Miracles", "Count on Me", and everything else Jefferson Starship before that, because it was all slick and polished.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
factchecker
Picking a Band Name

Post by factchecker »

(Just a little) Crush by Jennifer Paige (1998) apparently this was the "banger" on that Dawson's Creek tier album. :roll:

Moving on up by M People instant radio turn over.

Killing me Softly by the Fugees.

It's not right but its okay by Whitney Houston. :cry:
factchecker
Picking a Band Name

Post by factchecker »

Anything by COLDPLAY after Yellow.
SchenkerFan
Headlining Clubs

Post by SchenkerFan »

KISS - Great Expectations
GNR - Hard Skool
GNR - Absurd
str
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by str »

Johnny Hates Jazz - "Shattered Dreams" :
https://youtube.com/watch?v=ctwqa3QCwMw ... Ftcw%3D%3D
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Yeah that song sucked hard.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

Also take your pick from Elton John albums of the mid 80s. Here’s an example :

Title track from Leather Jackets.

https://youtu.be/Z5PC7BINLw4?si=_ugVlQNGSwxbui6Z

He said later that he would just pop into the studio and crap out a load of shit on the way to going to the next coke binge or gay orgy.
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

That 'put up a parking lot' song. It sucks.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

str wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:51 pm Johnny Hates Jazz - "Shattered Dreams" :
https://youtube.com/watch?v=ctwqa3QCwMw ... Ftcw%3D%3D
Bono Nettencourt wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:23 pm Yeah that song sucked hard.
Hard disagree. "Shattered Dreams" is one of the greatest new wave hits ever to come out of 1988, IMO.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
bubbasmoothe
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by bubbasmoothe »

Although I love Van Halen, "How Many Say I" is an absolute turd.
Right up there with "Brandon."
Einstein Lawless
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by Einstein Lawless »

daveg wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:14 pm If you took all the songs named in this thread (minus the Peter Criss songs and save the weak) you would have a pretty good playlist.

These are the worst songs you've EVER heard???? In your entire Life????

Worst than....
Brandon or
Anything of LuLu

Uh By Yoko ono gets my vote.
I have not heard Brandon… and since I’ve yet to see ONE Sludger post positively about it, why would I even go there?

Seriously, getting all these muh’fuhs on the same page? I bet a couple of ‘em were feudin’ on 9/11.
Physician, kill Thyself- Danzig in the Dark

Stryper have a better shot at getting into Hell than the HOF.- The Stench.

You people are so burnt out on your own culture that you can't even talk about it intelligibly anymore.- Funz