The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

John Simon Ritchie
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

Finally...a head coach in Philly that can adjust his game plan at half time. Imagine that. Also, proof that Foles can bring his team back and win when down. All good. 8)

Edited to add: Nice to see people making excuses for The Lions. The Eagles were playing in the same weather conditions as the Lions, etc.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

John Simon Ritchie wrote: Edited to add: Nice to see people making excuses for The Lions. The Eagles were playing in the same weather conditions as the Lions, etc.
Eagles know how to play big boy football, they don't play indoors like certain teams.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

sin wrote:Okay Utah, you've been on a role. Give me two predictions for this week in games that are not obvious.
I ain't Negrodamus. Felt like I left most of the obvious ones off. The obvious ones I picked but didn't post.

Chiefs over Skins
Broncos over Titans
Chargers over Giants
New England over Browns
Ravens over Vikings
Buc's over Bills

Jet's over Raiders - No I didn't pick my team, but laugh when the "experts" say, pick up the Raiders D this week...."experts" said the same when the Eagles Fooly torched 7td's on them.

Jags over Houston = Thursday's game was over before posting, in the fantasy/team/thread I picked up Ace Sanders thinking the Jag's would score/win

If the Cowboy's win tonight in the Football Pool this week I would have lost one. The Steelers. Big deal but a good week.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Sherman is a jerk. Seattle won't win the SB because of their
poor attitude. Let's not even dismiss how this team is full of PED/Substance abuse users.

"We didn't project it to be this way," Sherman said, according to the 49ers' official website. "We expected to blow them out, but they got the benefit of a few calls tonight throughout the game and that helps you, especially on third down. We will see them again, and it will be a different result.
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

AliceManson wrote:
John Simon Ritchie wrote: Edited to add: Nice to see people making excuses for The Lions. The Eagles were playing in the same weather conditions as the Lions, etc.
Eagles know how to play big boy football, they don't play indoors like certain teams.
Where did anyone say anything about the weather?
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
WTF
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WTF »

Rob Glasskowski out for the year, as expected. Fuck!
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

WTF wrote:Rob Glasskowski out for the year, as expected. Fuck!
Like it'll make a difference. I'm convinced the NE Patriots are simply indestructable.

I was at a bar yesterday and the barkeep was excited because the Browns were up on NE. I told him "nah they'll win in the end like every week."

Seems like this season NE is always on the ropes against some shitty team but comes back to beat them right at the end.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

AliceManson wrote:
The Lion Fans are not the only ones making excuses...
NeverSurrender wrote:Worst officiated games in the history of the planet today.

The NFL refs get worse and worse every week, just like the football does.
Viking fans are as well.

How many Niner fans was pissed over the Saints win?

Most every post on this page goes with what I've been bitching about all year. Take it or leave it, it's a game full of flags, replays, stupid rules and calls.

Growing up we played and watched with a.....You win some and lose some when it came to SHITTY CALLS. The Fucking Tuck rule won a super bowl, added then taken out then added again with more shit rules on top.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A QB, WR or anyone with the fucking ball can be in a defenseless position? Flag? Can't hit anybody high or it's a fucking foul now....

NFL to study hits to knees; rule change possible
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... e-possible

NEW YORK -- The NFL will keep a close eye on hits to the knees of defenseless players this season, with the possibility of extending the rules protecting such players.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No hitting above the shoulders or below the waist....Can't imagine trying to play that way let alone watching games littered with FLAGS already. Defenseless player who's holding a ball? How are you supposed to figure that out at full speed while getting hit yourself? Stop and wait till the Runner is looking at you and gives the OK to hit signal?

The Pussyfacation of the NFL is at an all time high but it's not hit the ceiling.

Mrs. Geline: I haven't felt this awful since we saw that Ronald Reagan film.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
John Simon Ritchie

Redman77 wrote:
AliceManson wrote:
Where did anyone say anything about the weather?
Not that I was particularly referencing SkeletorsGhost's post (not even sure he was tying the 2 things together) but, weather was mentioned here...
SkeletorsGhost wrote:Eagles and Lions were playing through blizzard like conditions a lot of the players couldn't even see the ball. Stafford turned the ball over a lot cost them the game.
Okay...in my original post edit, just substitute, "The Eagles were playing with the same officials as The Lions..." better? :mrgreen:
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

I'm not saying the Eagles didn't deserve to win, they outplayed the Lions in the second half. There were two calls I saw that IMO were shitty calls, one causing the change in momentum. This is the late hit call, sure looks like he's completing the throw.

saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

You shouldn't be allowed to touch Foles ever. Period. 'Cause he's a god.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

Lions Defense just went the way of the Dallas Cowboys defense in the second half.

The two calls against the Lions , on the same drive were complete and utter shit. But, not why the Lions lost that game.

Course, The very next drive, Stafford actually gets driven to the ground after throwing a pass, no call. Hmmm....

I know, it's whining.. I don't mind the non call, it' football. Just keep it the same on both sides.

Eagles are friggin rollin man.. And that blows. LOL
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Bludegeon wrote:Lions Defense just went the way of the Dallas Cowboys defense in the second half.

The two calls against the Lions , on the same drive were complete and utter shit. But, not why the Lions lost that game.

Course, The very next drive, Stafford actually gets driven to the ground after throwing a pass, no call. Hmmm....

I know, it's whining.. I don't mind the non call, it' football. Just keep it the same on both sides.

NFL league offices have communicated to refs that
Eagles/Dallas game in week 17 must be an important game in the playoff race. That will guarantee huge ratings and millions in revenue.
DUH
John Simon Ritchie

MurrayFiend wrote:You shouldn't be allowed to touch Foles ever. Period. 'Cause he's a god.
Exactly. :wink:
John Simon Ritchie

Machado wrote:
Bludegeon wrote:Lions Defense just went the way of the Dallas Cowboys defense in the second half.

Eagles/Dallas game in week 17 must be an important game in the playoff race. That will guarantee huge ratings and millions in revenue.
DUH
Exactly.
And sure...The Eagles have always had the refs in their pockets. :roll:
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Hey Machado...

Since you are the resident Redskins PR mouthpiece around here and have been all season, did Mike Shanahan have anything interesting to say about RG3 at today's presser?

I don't really pay attention to that stuff.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:Hey Machado...

Since you are the resident Redskins PR mouthpiece around here and have been all season, did Mike Shanahan have anything interesting to say about RG3 at today's presser?

I don't really pay attention to that stuff.
Fuck off
You're a pussy.

Just man up and say that I was correct about my reporting prior to the
2013 season and during the season.
The cat's out of the bag and you seem to be constantly in denial about
the situation.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

UtahRatt wrote:The Fucking Tuck rule won a super bowl
:lol:
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

Facedown wrote:
Yeah, it was Varitek's kick that won the SB, truly.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Sherman is a jerk. Seattle won't win the SB because of their
poor attitude. Let's not even dismiss how this team is full of PED/Substance abuse users.

"We didn't project it to be this way," Sherman said, according to the 49ers' official website. "We expected to blow them out, but they got the benefit of a few calls tonight throughout the game and that helps you, especially on third down. We will see them again, and it will be a different result.
The same Sherman who got into a shit talking war recently because Darrelle Revis got more attention then he did. Sherman is a monster on the field but he's so big of a douche it makes people like me wanting to see the other team win. I hate individuals on teams.

I like Seattle but the more he runs his mouth the more I'd rather see them lose. That sucks, they're the team I want too go all the way.

The Niners would be better f they'd commit more to the run, give Hunter the extra carries. Since they wont, Kapperfuck and the offense will let them down come the playoffs.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Machado wrote:

DUH
Been sniffin paint fumes this afternoon, so, not sure what to even make of this.

Deadskins may bench the Griffin the Turd for the rest of the season.

Hmm. That might of been a good idea when they were actually in the hunt..
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

MurrayFiend wrote:Yeah, it was Varitek's kick that won the SB, truly.
Gonna miss Menino.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

MurrayFiend wrote:
Facedown wrote:
Yeah, it was Varitek's kick that won the SB, truly.
The Tuck Rule shifted a change in the universe. I have evidence that proves the rippling effects from that BLOWN CALL lead America into a recession which snowballed into obamacare. Now we're all fucked.

I call it the Brady Effect.
John Simon Ritchie

Aaaahhh, nothing beats watching the Cowgirls get their asses handed to them. Keep it going Bears...35-14 with a couple minutes left in the 3rd. :mrgreen:
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Dallas........HAHAHAHAHAHA. Da Bears.

Romo loses again!
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

Yeah, none of the Lions fans offered any excuses for the Eagles win, let alone the weather. If anything the Lions played better in the storm during the first half then the Eagles did.

Oh and Nick Foles first interception was against that horrible Lions defense that someone mentioned.
scarred but smarter
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

Machado wrote:Sherman is a jerk. Seattle won't win the SB because of their

I think most here know I am a Seattle fan, but Sherman really gives a bad reputation to what is a great team and city in general. I'm not fooling myself into thinking Sherman has any loyalty to the team when it comes to signing a new contract.
scarred but smarter
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Wow..

That was just flat out embarssasing last night. Turned it off in the 3rd in preference to killing people I don't know online in GTA5..

Yeah, it was that bad. Normally, I homer at and watch til the end. But, then, I thought to myself, why waste the time. I could spend time watching my dogs take a shit. Would be the same as watching this sorry ass joke of a football team.

But, quite frankly, this fucking Cowboys team makes me sick to my stomach. i thought nothing could top last season. WRONG!!!...

If this isn't an eye opener for Skeletor to FINALLY blow this shit up and clean house,

Nothing is..

IMO, nobody is safe. Not one player on this Cowboys Squad.

Fuck the cap, Fuck the egos.. Release everyone sorry fuck and start over..

Ahem.....

Gonna be a long fucking day....
WTF

Post by WTF »

UtahRatt wrote:
The Tuck Rule shifted a change in the universe. I have evidence that proves the rippling effects from that BLOWN CALL lead America into a recession which snowballed into obamacare. Now we're all fucked.

I call it the Brady Effect.
Fortunately that rule is all gone now.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

The only time the Bears didnt score was the victory formation kneel down at the end. Dallas did not want to be there.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil