Motley Crue CANCELLED

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

CANCELLED

Best Motley song OF ALL TIME
2%
Best single since “Hooligan’s Holiday”
6%
Good but not great
11%
Meh
15%
Typical Motley crap
47%
Somehow worse than “Dogs of War”
17%
Tommy Lee! He’s gaw a gogeous boday
2%

Total votes: 53
Chip Z'Hoy
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Motley Crue CANCELLED

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

How’s this going to go on Friday?

Predict.
Last edited by Chip Z'Hoy on Sun Oct 06, 2024 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
LeeRatbag
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: Motley Crue CANCELLED

Post by LeeRatbag »

Haven't heard it, don't want to hear it, I just wish they'd have a bit of dignity and fuck off for good.
THE KINGCROWS - Bad Time For The GoodTime Generation
New album coming soon!
www.thekingcrows.com
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

Is the song about their 1988 tour with GnR and Pretty Maids? They should have called it Snow (on the Roof)....
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Thought this thread title was about the upcoming tour getting cancelled. That or they had gotten cancelled by the righties for being woke.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
thunderdan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by thunderdan »

Saw Crue in hollywood, florida last week. They snuck it into the playlist the venue was playing before Motley with no mention of it. It was definitely "cancelled" as it's in the lyrics and obviously Vince singing. It was only once I heard it but it sounded pretty good but I'm in minority and like "dogs of war"
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

John 5 should be playing in Bulletboys 2024 not Motley Crue 2024

*vote for Tommy
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
kytepunches
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by kytepunches »

Motley Crüe in 2024 is about as edgy and dangerous as The Wiggles . LAME .
schlonginski
Opening for Slaughter

Post by schlonginski »

This rates right up there with their top hits Dogs of War and Brandon.
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

Post by Jason Jennifer Leigh »

This clip is awful … Bob Rock produces this crap?

https://youtu.be/HrL4PvEgTsY?si=EGOXqIhcMKeJoms1
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

It's crap. And doesn't sound like Mötley Crue. Maybe some traces of the SOLA album but nothing before that.
Michael Hotts Ghost
Recording Debut Album

Post by Michael Hotts Ghost »

Jason Jennifer Leigh wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 1:32 am This clip is awful … Bob Rock produces this crap?

Yeah that sucked, no question.
DonJuanDeMarco
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

Michael Hotts Ghost wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 3:32 am
Jason Jennifer Leigh wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 1:32 am This clip is awful … Bob Rock produces this crap?

I'm not one to judge after listening to 10 seconds on a youtube clip on my phone! But yeah.... no wonder Vince looks so depressed all the time. Come on Nikki! You've got to have another good one in you!
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 5:38 am

I'm not one to judge after listening to 10 seconds on a youtube clip on my phone! But yeah.... no wonder Vince looks so depressed all the time. Come on Nikki! You've got to have another good one in you!
I no longer think Nikki wrote ANYTHING. Don't think any member wrote ANYTHING. Vince sang. Tommy played drums. Sixx has always played to tracks. Mars never played on an album. Just played live on the first few tours.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Man, that fucking sucks.

You just cant be a 65 year old multimillionaire, with a lazy drunk fatass 59 year old singer who cant sing, and a corporation planning every little move, and a self-imposed mandate to be "badass", and only ever release "product" when it makes sense for the "brand", and come up with anything that doesnt fucking suck.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
p86

Post by p86 »

Nikki won’t give us anything that sounds like the classic era for the band. Nothing raw, sleazy, or 80s sounding. He just won’t do it. It’s all been total garbage since New Tattoo, which was pretty good at approximating the classic sounded. It’s just constant disappointment with anything they put out.
LitaStrauss
Picking a Band Name

Post by LitaStrauss »

They're definitely up there for "bands who destroyed their legacy the most."
SterileEyes1
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by SterileEyes1 »

Nikki is always so consistently and predictably douchey.

I remember at the horrible set I saw them do in September 2022 between songs he said “You can’t cancel Motley Crue!” and it was the most desperate “Please clap” thing ever. I guess now he’s doing the same thing in song form.
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"I’m Bad, I’m Nationwide”
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
p86

Post by p86 »

LitaStrauss wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 2:22 pm They're definitely up there for "bands who destroyed their legacy the most."
I want to like their new songs, but it never sounds like anything from 81-91. Listening to Shout tonight…that album sounds so raw and evil. They always had great anthems and a great sound on those first 5 albums. The new songs on DOD sounded great too. Everything in the 2000s sounds so processed and artificial. Songs like Sex and All Band Things were atrocious. No anthems, no hooks, no cool solos. At least the 94 album had a good sound and New Tattoo tried to go back to the Feelgood era.
roxxxtar
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by roxxxtar »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 1:25 pm

I no longer think Nikki wrote ANYTHING. Don't think any member wrote ANYTHING. Vince sang. Tommy played drums. Sixx has always played to tracks. Mars never played on an album. Just played live on the first few tours.
The dude who wrote Motley’s songs and the guy who wrote all those Poison’s songs are obviously both dead.
There’s no way Nikki wrote Shout, and Primal Scream and wrote the bullshit they’ve released the last 20 years.
Same with Poison. That’s Bret’s writing on his solo albums. No way he wrote all those Poison hits.
StateOfShock
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by StateOfShock »

thunderdan wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 2:45 pm Saw Crue in hollywood, florida last week. They snuck it into the playlist the venue was playing before Motley with no mention of it. It was definitely "cancelled" as it's in the lyrics and obviously Vince singing. It was only once I heard it but it sounded pretty good but I'm in minority and like "dogs of war"

Dogs of War grew on me. It is a solid tune.
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

roxxxtar wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 5:38 pm
The dude who wrote Motley’s songs and the guy who wrote all those Poison’s songs are obviously both dead.
There’s no way Nikki wrote Shout, and Primal Scream
Mötley played Shout live long before they recorded the album. Unless it was Matthew Trippe in the band then....

I can see where that's coming from but there are demos from most if not all Mötley 80s albums where you can hear the songs develop. With help from producers probably but they weren't complete songs when they started demoing.

Bands like Iron Maiden and Judas Priest where there's hardly any demos from after they were signed and where the debut album sounds nothing like their classics... that makes you think.
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

Still trying to stay relevant. And not succeeding.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

LeeRatbag wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 12:34 pm Haven't heard it, don't want to hear it, I just wish they'd have a bit of dignity and fuck off for good.
This.
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

Matthew Trippe = The Bob Daisley and Desmond Child of Motley Crue? :lol:
LitaStrauss
Picking a Band Name

Post by LitaStrauss »

roxxxtar wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 5:38 pm

There’s no way Nikki wrote Shout, and Primal Scream and wrote the bullshit they’ve released the last 20 years.
Same with Poison. That’s Bret’s writing on his solo albums. No way he wrote all those Poison hits.
I've always thought that too in regards to Poison. After hearing Bret's solo stuff for the last 20 some years, and the Poison Hollyweird record, how is he the same guy capable of writing Something To Believe In or Every Rose Has Its Thorn? Maybe he literally used all his talent then and once he got rich he just got lazy and doesn't care anymore. Who knows but it's like two different songwriters. However, it's been almost 40 years and nobody has ever come out saying they wrote anything for Poison. I would think after all this time somebody would have said something.

As for Nikki, I think he's just lazy like the entire band is.
MattleyCrue
Headlining Clubs

Post by MattleyCrue »

Cancelled is fucking awesome!

On an awesome level as Bitter Pill!

Great groove finally a great song
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
TheDeadBastard
Headlining Clubs

Post by TheDeadBastard »

kytepunches wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 3:36 pm Motley Crüe in 2024 is about as edgy and dangerous as The Wiggles . LAME .
Guarantee the Wiggles get 10x the tour pussy that Crue get/got. They’re drowning in MILFs.
ImageImage
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

Post by Jason Jennifer Leigh »

Better than expected … from :30 - :50 it’s very good and then it sucks hard for 4 minutes.

Cancelled
https://youtu.be/dn1U07NWQFo?si=2yasnJEir4NiCMAg
sirthx2
Recording Debut Album

Post by sirthx2 »

Former Crue nutswinger here. Played the first 30 seconds to get a feel, then started the 10-second skips, which became 30 second skips = end. I haven't liked anything they've done in ages. The fucking amount of processing and layers in the production. So much gain. I wonder if they'd ever consider or have considered in the last 20 years, setting up like they're in a garage and mic their drums and amps. Ramones style. TFFL style. Surprise us! This certainly won't get airplay, so take a fucking chance!
"Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read." - Frank Zappa

"If you don't like The Darkness, you suck at music listening." - Michelish circa 2021
LitaStrauss
Picking a Band Name

Post by LitaStrauss »

There's nothing I can add that hasn't really already been said. So much processing it sounds more computer than real instruments. How did Bob Rock produce this? It feels like AI Motley Crue.

The riff is kinda interesting but also just seems boring. John 5 feels like he's just dumb downed his playing. I guessed how his guitar solo was going to go before it even got to that part.

I did have the chorus briefly stuck in my head after the first listen, which surprised me. But there's no reason to listen to the song ever again.

There's zero percent chance Vince gets even 20% of the words right in this song if they ever perform it live or even has the breath to sing it. It's gonna sound horrible.

Also "riot in the capital" doesn't really fit with the theme of being cancelled. Feels like that's crowbarred in there as that was an actual real news event.

[Verse 1]
Woke up in the morning, you just got cancelled
Daily Mail is such a handful
Take a shot, throw a hand grenade
Monkeys in the internet got it made
Watch your words, good Lord, got cancelled
Riot in the capital, press in a grapple
TikTok videos smell like landfill
Watch your ass, you might get cancelled

[Pre-Chorus]
Everybody wake up, wake up
Everybody shut up, shut up
Everybody stand up, stand up
Bang your head against a motherfuckin' wall

[Chorus]
I won't crawl (I, I)
Will you love me when I fall down? (Fall, fall)
Goodbye
Will you love me when I die?

[Verse 2]
Speak your mind, you might get cancelled
Call me trash, burn down my castle
Take a shot, it's a masquerade
Diggin' up my dirt on your woke crusade
Supermodel sandwich, selfie in the backseat
She said yes then they arrest me
Lock me up, put me in shackles
Watch your ass, you might get cancelled