Worst catalog by a Sludge band?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Worst catalog by a Sludge band?

Post by pieceofme »

dmbrocker wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:44 pm All of you people saying QR must not love a good pile of cheese like I do, and QR is definitely the good kind of cheese, IMO.
I love Metal Health and spin it regularly. That album alone disqualifies them from the list.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

TheCULTofMANSON wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:55 am Any bands that that DemonFilth likes
Yep. I like Ghost. Also like the album Chinese Democracy.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Whatever Happened To… wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 8:43 am Motley Crue, absolutely the worst albums by any band I've ever heard. Also the worst live band I ever saw. Not even close.
This is 100% accurate.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Bob Sacamano
Headlining Clubs

Post by Bob Sacamano »

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 12:28 pm

Adrenalize was a hit record but I've grown to hate it. Too light and fluffy. Most of their albums after that were too light and fluffy with very few memorable songs. But you just can't deny how amazing Pyromania and Hysteria are.
The only reason Adrenelize was a hit record was because Hysteria preceded it. The record had no legs. It sold a shitload off the bat and then nothing. Many of the songs on Adrenelize were written during ht Hysteria sessions and were not used because they were more or less weaker versions of the Hysteria songs. Stand Up (Kick Love Into Motion) was a weaker version of Hysteria. Have You ever Needed Someone So Bad was a weaker version of Love Bites, Tear it Down was just a rerecording of the song that was on the BSide of Women.
"I don't have any beliefs or allegiances. I don't believe in this country, I don't believe in religion, or a god, and I don't believe in all these man-made institutional ideas"

-- George Carlin
DangerZone
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DangerZone »

Bob Sacamano wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:03 am

Adrenalize was a hit record but I've grown to hate it. Too light and fluffy. Most of their albums after that were too light and fluffy with very few memorable songs. But you just can't deny how amazing Pyromania and Hysteria are.
The only reason Adrenelize was a hit record was because Hysteria preceded it. The record had no legs. It sold a shitload off the bat and then nothing. Many of the songs on Adrenelize were written during ht Hysteria sessions and were not used because they were more or less weaker versions of the Hysteria songs. Stand Up (Kick Love Into Motion) was a weaker version of Hysteria. Have You ever Needed Someone So Bad was a weaker version of Love Bites, Tear it Down was just a rerecording of the song that was on the BSide of Women.
Tear it down is a good song. But the B side version was much better.
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

Oh man, totally forgot about Rough Cutt.

Great singer - signed to Warner Bros - managed and championed by Dio.

But they couldn't write a song with a gun to their heads. :lol:
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

HueyRamone wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:50 am
DangerZone wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 5:51 am Anyone saying wasp is a moron
Agreed. Solid albums, through and through, up to KFD.

I cant stand anything on Metal Health, except for the title track and the cover song. They have to get my vote.
Ratt have a lot of fans on here, but they also are up there IMO... but far better than QR.
Ratt's 1st album is a classic with no skip tracks. You can't even say that about Motley Crues greatest hits.
Wild Obsession wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 6:35 am Tony Martin Black Sabbath is on the level of Gary Cherone Van Halen.
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

Bob Sacamano wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:03 am

While I agree with the overall review, they had seven (!!) singles released off Adrenalize and at least four seem to have been hits, top 40 on Billboard Hot 100 and two of them making #1 on their Album Rock chart. Not many bands score a hit with 4 singles off the same album, especially not hair metal bands in 1992-3
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

Tommy2Tone84 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:41 am
Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 12:50 pm W.A.S.P. isn't a bad answer. Most of their catalog is unlistenable.

I might go with Extreme. They were, are, and always will be crap.

BulletBoys would be up there too.
Not that you’ll respond

W.A.S.P. were a dumb, low rent, bad version of KISS. Which is saying a lot.
The big difference between WASP/Twisted Sister and Kiss is that Kiss was dumb, simplistic music made by (relatively) smart people and Peter Criss.
WASP and Twisted were dumb music made by dumb people. Blackie maybe wasn't dumber than Peter Criss, but about as unlikeable.
And Dee Snider is probably the only person who thinks Dee Snider is a smart guy.

Also, Ace Frehley and Paul Stanley are Jimmy Page and Ritchie Blackmore compared to the clowns those two bands had on guitar.
Gene Simmons when he's not mailing it in is probably a better bassist than Johnny Rod and Animal Mendoza too.
DangerZone
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DangerZone »

Love_Industry wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:04 am
Tommy2Tone84 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:41 am
Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 12:50 pm W.A.S.P. isn't a bad answer. Most of their catalog is unlistenable.

I might go with Extreme. They were, are, and always will be crap.

BulletBoys would be up there too.
Not that you’ll respond

W.A.S.P. were a dumb, low rent, bad version of KISS. Which is saying a lot.
The big difference between WASP/Twisted Sister and Kiss is that Kiss was dumb, simplistic music made by (relatively) smart people and Peter Criss.
WASP and Twisted were dumb music made by dumb people. Blackie maybe wasn't dumber than Peter Criss, but about as unlikeable.
And Dee Snider is probably the only person who thinks Dee Snider is a smart guy.

Also, Ace Frehley and Paul Stanley are Jimmy Page and Ritchie Blackmore compared to the clowns those two bands had on guitar.
Gene Simmons when he's not mailing it in is probably a better bassist than Johnny Rod and Animal Mendoza too.
Most of this is wrong
superglide88
Headlining Clubs

Post by superglide88 »

Another for Crue

Also:
Bang Tango
Stonebreed
Elephant Waffle Van Halen
Vain

Discuss
Vandermint wrote:At best, KISS is Alice Cooper for dumb people
eddie lee roth wrote:myself and members of my family could use some help but I'm supposed to help some fucker in a banana suit first.
Get the fuck out of here with this bullshit :!: